Watch the stream on a virtual big-screen.
Walk around together in a recreation of
E-werk Willemsoord and the usual revisionOutline party setup. This multiplayer environment allows you to walk around the party, chat with others, and most importantly, watch the demos the way you're used to: surrounded by intoxicated sceners in Saarbrücken. Holland
Within the last month or so we've been working hard to create a venue where you can not only watch the stream, but also connect with your friends. On top of this we've been adding various features to add to the experience such as chat, emotes, dances, booze mechanics, party lighting during DJ sets,
tons of some demoscene soundbytes to discover around the world and much more!
What it isn't
A professional and polished product. Really. We apologize if it runs poorly on your machine, we've tried hard to keep it accessible. Other than that there are many features we couldn't do on time, such as voice-chat, or proper stress tests.
We recommend to try the Demoscene discord to boost the atmosphere!
Whats new in v0.73? (latest)
- Stream should now start correctly the first time
- Ambient Sound effects fix
- TT Assen race added
- New Asscension-egg
Whats new in v0.72?
- Chat formatting fix
- Windmill sound fix
- Gray hair fix
Whats new in v0.71?
- Outline Online 2020
- New video stream system (should be compatible with windows 7/8/10)
- UI and menus redone
- Character Customization
- Backend redone
- Ability to hide / mute other players
- New Drunk mechanics
- Still the same terrible flashlight we all know and love
- Friesland Fixed
- More okkies!
- Dutch warm feelings
- Day one beard patch
- The linux build is untested, feedback welcome
Whats new in v0.61?
- Video stream still not working for pre windows 10 users, we are working on a boomer build, stay tuned!
- Different stream quality options, grabbed directly from Twitch
- Updated logo
- Updated photoboot texture
- Added Partyhall Clock (gmt+2)
- Chat limit of text box should be fixed now
- Player List works with resize
- Player count added in chatwindow
- Fleshlight is now a toggle
- Caps-lock to toggle Run
- Page-up & down to toggle first/third person
- Arrow keys can also be used for movement
- Right shift can also be used to run
- In-game help updated
- Occlusion culling fixes
Whats new in v0.6?
- Everything :)
- Video stream doesn't seem to work for Windows 7/8 users due to windows media foundation
We worst system we tested sofa world on was a Intel i5 with the Nvidia MX130, which was doable ;)
Let us know if your experience differs, we are always working on optimizing Sofa World to make it available to as many people as possible.
Lowering Quality and Super Sampling in the settings menu can get you a long way.
Windows 7/8/10 and Mac is supported. Linux is still experimental
Powered by Unity, Photon, Mixamo (character & animation), a bunch of free 3D assets & audio.
Short Term Goals
- Evoke/TRSAC/Boozembly ???
- VR Support
- Voice Chat
- Acutally tested Linux support
Medium Term Goals
- Bonzomatic Support
Long Term Goals
- Party Organizer Portal
- Player Achievements
- Controller Support
- Improve Performance
- Improve Network Performance
Sofa World is brought to you by Poo-Brain.
- Tropical Trevor
Get in touch
If you run into any trouble (have you tried turning it off and on again?), have suggestions, or want to talk about life in general
Contact us at email@example.com, or find any of us on Sofa World / Discord / Telegram, be aware we will be enjoying the party ourselves.
We have ongoing upkeep for the networking services & website. Please consider a small contribution if you've enjoyed this experience, so we can buy beer while we keep doing what we love!